While no one can know for sure, still, crypto experts feel quite optimistic about the future of cryptocurrency. With the recent tendency of bitcoin prices going down, many people wonder whether it is still a right decision to invest in cryptocurrencies or if the wave has already passed. What can be said for certain is that cryptocurrency is already here and it is very unlikely to disappear. To many professional venture investors, cryptocurrencies are the good catch since many believe that in 5 years or so this currency will become our new money.
Some predictors compare cryptocurrency to modern automobiles that once completely replaced the horse-driven transport. The fact that money we know today may completely disappear sounds unbelievable, yet, this is the first thing one may hear when enquiring about the future of cryptocurrencies. As the necessity to anchor the price of Bitcoin or any other currency to fiat money disappears, the volatility of cryptocurrencies will stabilize. When buying something, there will just be the price of a good or service in cryptocurrency, for example 0.1 BTC.
So, what are the good reasons to invest in cryptocurrencies?
- The majority of experts speak in favor of Bitcoin and some other cryptocurrencies to experience exponential growth in price in upcoming years;
- Some cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum or Bitcoin are already almost as liquid as conventional money;
- You can decide for yourself whether you want a long or short-term investment;
- Cryptocurrencies are inflation-resistant. Due to limited number of tokens (of the most expensive cryptocurrencies) and rigid regulations, the supply of cryptocurrencies never exceeds demand.
- It is easy to find information on how to buy, store, use, and sell cryptocurrencies in open access. There are numerous book authors, bloggers, and youtubers who provide users with comprehensive cryptocurrency information.
Threat to Banking System
Many governments view cryptocurrencies as a threat to banking system. Since the system is highly decentralized neither the banks, nor governments can regulate the supply of cryptocurrency. It means that mining system completely depends on supply and demand, i.e. is self-regulatory. It is impossible to increase or decrease the supply of cryptocurrency as banks do to the supply of cash when they need to regulate the exchange rate.
While it is not certain what cryptocurrencies exactly will dominate the market in the near future, today’s situation looks in the following way:
The Best Cryptocurrencies Of 2018:
1. Bitcoin (BTC),
2. Ethereum (ETH),
3. Ripple (XRP),
4. Bitcoin Cash (BCH),
5. Cardano (ADA),
6. Stellar (XLM),
7. NEO (NEO),
8. Litecoin (LTC),
9. EOS (EOS).
As it has been mentioned, governments and banks can pose threat to the adoption of cryptocurrencies. They cannot see clearly how to regulate the system of currency emission that is so self-regulatory and decentralized. Nevertheless, the more people invest in cryptocurrencies, the higher market acceptance they receive. Many companies start developing blockchain-based technologies of payments to make it possible for their users to pay for goods and services with cryptocurrencies.